ALERT!

Don't forget to subscribe to Ambrosia's FREE Ezine for the latest information on all things Indie!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Cassandra Dean - The Diamond Series


 

Hi peeps,

 

Cassandra Dean here, ready and willing to chat all about historical western romance, Decadent Publishing’s Western Escape and The Diamond Series.

 

I’ve jumped around in the historical eras a bit, from Ancient Rome to Early Victorian to Contemporary. I’ve really enjoyed visiting each of these periods in history, although I must admit it never occurred to me to explore America’s Old West. I hadn’t thought of writing a western at all, but when my editor suggested I write for Decadent Publishing’s Western Escape, I jumped at the chance. I do love me a bit of Deadwood, and I adore Firefly, so I set about making my own kind of western. The first book of The Diamond Series, ROUGH DIAMOND was the result.

 

The only problem was…I couldn’t ‘hear’ the western voice! Oh nos, I hear you all cry, and indeed, peeps, it was a Tragedy of Epic Proportions ;) I could 'hear' the Englishness of the hero, Rupert, Englishness, no problems, but the heroine, Alice…her Western twang eluded me.

 

I didn't know what to do. I bemoaned my troubles to my friend, and she suggested I borrow her Deadwood DVDs. Well! What a brilliant idea on her part! I watched all three series in a little over a week, and suddenly, the Western voice was there. The words flowed, and I felt a little more comfortable about this Western caper.

 

ROUGH DIAMOND was always intended to be a one shot, but once it was done and dusted, I had a powerful hankering to know why Alice’s friend, Pearl, disliked the coal prospector Ethan Garrett so intensely. Then, my editor asked me if we could pretty please get Pearl and Ethan’s story and FOOL’S GOLD was born!

 

It was a lot easier writing the second in the series, that’s for sure. The western twang was already in my head, and it made writing Pearl and Ethan’s story a breeze…well, as much as writing any story is a breeze! Now, I have plans to write the third and final in the series. EMERALD SEA will most likely feature a gunslinger and a chorus girl, and it will probably be a mash up of True Grit and Firefly. I’m letting it percolate at the moment...I’ll let you peeps know when it’s done J

 

Thanks for hanging with me!

 



 

 

 

 


 

Owner of the Diamond Saloon and Theater, Alice Reynolds is astounded when a fancy Englishman offers to buy her saloon. She won’t be selling her saloon to  anyone, let alone a man with a pretty, empty-headed grin…but then, she reckons that grin just might be a lie, and a man of intelligence and cunning resides beneath.

 

Rupert Llewellyn has another purpose for offering to buy the pretty widow’s saloon—the coal buried deep in land she owns. However, he never banked on her knowing eyes making him weak at the knees, or how his deception would burn upon his soul.

 

Each determined to outwit the other, they tantalize and tease until passion explodes. But can their desire bridge the lies told and trust broken?

 

Buy Links

 




 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Christmas in Freewill

Christmas Eve, the Diamond Saloon is empty of its people, and Pearl la Monte has a hankering to retire early. A pounding at the Diamond’s door rids her of such a fool notion. Her irritation rises when she sees the prissy, polite-like Garrett standing outside.

Ethan Garrett has a powerful need to gain succor. When the saloon’s voluptuous redheaded singer scowls at him from the threshold of the Diamond, he doesn’t stop to think on how his ire at her has disappeared. Or how he just wants to spend some time in her company.

When a blizzard storms in, trapping them, will they spend their time arguing or find their irritation for each other disguises something more?

 

 

Buy Links

 




 

 

 

 

====================================================

BIO:

Cassandra grew up daydreaming, inventing fantastical worlds and marvelous adventures. Once she learned to read (First phrase – To the Beach. True story), she was never without a book, reading of other people’s fantastical worlds and marvelous adventures.

 

Fairy tales, Famous Fives, fantasies and fancies; horror stories, gumshoe detectives, science fiction; Cassandra read it all. Then she discovered Romance and a true passion was born.

 

So, once upon a time, after making a slight detour into the world of finance, Cassandra tried her hand at writing. After a brief foray into horror, she couldn’t discount her true passion. She started to write Romance and fell head over heels.

 

The love affair exists to this very day.

 

Cassandra lives in Adelaide, South Australia.

 

 

 

1 comment: