ALERT!

Don't forget to subscribe to Ambrosia's FREE Ezine for the latest information on all things Indie!

Sunday, May 19, 2013

M.C.V Egan!!!!



M. C. V. Egan is the chosen pen name for Maria Catalina Egan, author of The Bridge of Deaths. Originally from Mexico City, Mexico; M.C.V. Egan has lived in various parts of the USA as well as France and Sweden. She is fluent in four languages; Spanish, French, Swedish and English.

Maria Catalina Egan is married and has one son, who together with their five pound Chihuahua make her feel like a fulltime mother.   Although she would not call herself an Astrologer she has taken many classes and taught a few beginner classes in Astrology. This is one of her many past times when she is not writing or researching. 
 


 


The Bridge of Deaths is based on the events surrounding a 1939 Plane crash in Denmark. My grandfather Cesar Agustin Castillo was the first body removed from the crash. The book explores through fictional characters the events surrounding the crash and how the men involved; both those who died and others may not have really been who they seemed.

In an era rife with intrigue The Bridge of Deaths takes the reader through some very well-known and some likely to be unknown incidents in a pre-World War II world.

The story is woven with a fictional narrative with endearing characters that make the reader feel like part of a small group of people investigating the plane crash.

The research for The Bridge of Deaths ranged from the traditional; Archives, Newspaper microfilms, interviews and history books to the most unusual world of Psychics; by use of psychometry and past life regressions.

The book has an appeal to a variety of readers and the information is presented in a way that the reader taps into his/her inner detective.


·        What book are you reading now?
I just finished reading IN THE MATTER OF NIKOLAS TESLA; A Romance of the Mind by Anthony Flacco. It is an amazing book and I enjoyed it very much.
 I write a lot and research so I do not read as much as many people on Goodreads or Facebook, I devoured books when I was younger, but these days I write and research far more than I read.
 
·        Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
 
Several in the Indie crowd; I am fascinated by the writing style of Christoph Fischer as well as his choice of subjects. In Paulette Mahurin I have found an amazing depth in characterization. Amelia E. Curzon has a timeless tale that took me back to Rudyard Kipling and Pavarti K. Tyler’s mix of excitement whilst talking social issues enthralls me.
 
 
·        What are your current projects?
I swore I would never work on more than one project at a time but as it turns out I do have four going at once these days. Two works of fiction and two of fact so it is an interesting blend and it will be nice to see which is ready first.
 
·        Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
 
I feel most fortunate but I do think that of you ask for help you will find it, especially in the Indie writers community.
Amongst those who have helped me I can most notably mention many of the archivists that helped me with my research of The Bridge of Deaths; that was not the only reason that I dedicated my book to them, but it was certainly one of the reasons.
After the book came out the reviewer groups, most especially WaAR, Wanda’s amazing Amazon   Reviewers are a source of extraordinary support.
 
·        If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
I am doing it again and changing a lot including title of a book I went through a great deal to expose before it hit a crazy brick wall! Change is good and everyone in any creative field should be open and happy to be willing to grow and change.
I do not however believe in regret, just growth so I cannot ponder on what I would change, I can simply do it different the next time around.
Nothing is in stone and revised editions come out all the time. I think all writers should be open to change and go with the flow.
·        Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I love to convey my thoughts real or imaginary ideas. I started writing very young but I did not pursue the whole publishing angle, I had other things to experience first.
I left the country of my birth Mexico when I was young and started writing long detailed letters, and I do believe that is when my writing began.
 
·        Can you share a little of your current work with us?
As I said I have several projects on and I do not like to talk about what I am working on until it is done, for a number of reasons:
 a) You can talk a book to death.
 b) Work morphs, grows and changes so how I describe a book may not be the finished product.
c) Cagey paranoia that someone else will write the same book.
·        Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
 
Sometimes just getting the time to do it as marketing takes so much time and then there is that other super important aspect of my life that is time consuming, MOTHERHOOD!
 
·        Who are your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
My all-time favorites range from W. Sommerset Maugham, I love the way he weaves a story, the depth of his characters and his subjects fascinate me. I have read all of his books and I am thrilled when I find the movies, like Up at The Villa with Sean Penn and Kristin Scott Thomas.
Even the old movies like The Razor’s Edge, the books are of course always better. On a modern note I am a great fan of Nick Hornby; I mean the first line of Juliette Naked males you want to laugh so hard and pee your pants.  “They had flown from England to Minneapolis to look at a toilet.” You just know that these music fans are about to take you for quite a ride or John Irving’s The Water Method Man? You just know you are in for a treat and relate to the doctor’s office while laughing like mad at the scene in the doctor’s office.
·        Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?
I did for The Bridge of Deaths; I travelled several times to England, Denmark, and Mexico and as I used psychics and past live regressions one could well say that I also travelled to the esoteric and the parapsychological.
 
·        Who designed the covers?
I guided the designer in exactly what I wanted, and then they added their expertise at AuthorHouse.
·        What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The hardest part was having the patience to find the information I needed and being allowed to use certain files. It could be very frustrating, especially when it came to families that would open up and share and then decide perhaps it was not in their best interest to rattle their family’s skeletons in the closet.
 
·        Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I learned so much it would be impossible to go into great detail. I learned about aircraft and in particular the Lockheed Electra 10A. I learned that in order to get the full story it is best to research even the most credited and respected sources can and do have hidden agendas.
I learned that the Lobby and special interest groups in the 1930s in England and the USA in regards to the Palestinian Territories and Oil were as complex and organized as they are today.
·        Do you have any advice for other writers?
Be careful to follow the thread of your story in a way that is precise. Keep your character’s straight it so easy to make mistakes in the excitement of creating.
Remember that your voice is unique and your perspective in a story will also be YOURS so grab a pen, a key board and weave your stories.
 
·        Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Thank-you! I would like to thank every reader for choosing to read my book. I love the readers that contact me and ask questions, it is such fun.
 

 
MCV EGAN
 
AUTHOR WEBPAGE
 
Author Page @ Amazon
Barnes and Noble
AMAZON KINDLE
AMAZON Paperback
FACEBOOK
BLOG
http://thebridgeofdeaths.tumblr.com/
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to have Egan as our spotlight today!!! Hope you all enjoy this as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for inviting me I really enjoyed your questions.

    ReplyDelete